Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Real...

Never have I ever been into Blogging, but thanks to Erin Claussen's inspiring blogs, I thought i'd give it chance. After all, I seem to have the Farmville, Cafe World, and Happy Aquarium applications on Facebook... what's one more?

Since i've been living the student life in Colorado Springs, i'm not only finding out who I am but who the people i've been sharing my life with are. All my life I've searched for people who are real, who don't feel the need to say ridiculous things to try "too hard" to be funny, or have multiple views, personalities, and likes depending on who they are around. I had enough of it in High School, and I'm over it. My closest friends from last year have shown their true colors this year, and as hard as it is, I've become drawn away from them. I can't surround myself with people who i'll never know are "real."

But on a positive note, i've become close with some GREAT people, who even though I never spent as much time with them last year, are the same as they were to me last year. For example, if they're tired, they wont force a conversation, instead, they FEEL tired and can't converse-- happens to everyone? If they dont want to go out and "party" because they don't feel like it, they'll stay in and watch a movie even though EVERYONE is going. It doesn't phase them. Sometimes, I don't want to go hang out with tons of people. Alone time is something i've learned to cherish and love. Why do I need to be worried about going out with them everytime or else i'll lose them as friends? Its because I was hanging out with the wrong crowd. As much as i'll always love the people individually in that crowd, the wind is blowing me a different direction.

I think I like where the wind is taking me this time!

Yet, being "real" can have different definitions to different people, correct?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the latest addiction, B! :-) I'm excited to be able to follow your life a bit here since I never get to see you anymore. :-( The worst part about breaking up with Skyler was losing you and Jordan, Deb and Chad. Buuut, here you are! lol, and I am a pro stalker, so watch out! haha.

    ReplyDelete